The Netflix US Twitter account - with 2.5m followers - has been compromised by a hacker group.
The group, OurMine, posted tweets promoting its own website and services.
However, the tweets were removed about an hour after the first one appeared.
OurMine has hacked several high-profile Twitter accounts this year, including those of Wikipedia co-founder Jimmy Wales, Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg and Google chief executive Sundar Pichai.
It also hacked the Techcrunch and BuzzFeed websites, as well as the Twitter and Vine accounts of the social media platforms` chief executive Jack Dorsey.
"Don`t worry we are just testing your security," read one of the tweets posted to the Netflix account.
The hackers told the BBC they still had access to the account, adding that they were still posting tweets, but these were being deleted "by Twitter Support".
- Online dating conmen `using love letter templates`
- Cheating Frenchman sues Uber for tipping off wife about affair
- AMD`s New Ryzen Chips Could Threaten Intel Dominance
- Finding Proxima b: the `planet hunters` searching for signs of alien life around nearby stars
- Google will make pirated films and TV shows tougher to find from 1 June
- This newly discovered gecko instantly skins itself to flee predators
- Scientists have figured out how to actually stop an interstellar spacecraft
- Solar storms could be driving hundreds of whales to strand themselves in global die-off events
- Apple, Google, Facebook and 94 others fight Trump`s travel ban
- Samsung Gear VR shipped more devices than Oculus, HTC Vive, and PSVR combined